Showing all 2 results
What is Meridia?
Meridia is an appetite suppressant used to treat obesity and maintain a healthy weight. Being a scheduled drug buying and selling Meridia without a proper prescription is an act of criminal turpitude under the law. You can either get the medicine from a chemist shop near you or order Meridia online via a legitimate online store.
How to take Meridia?
Your doctor will initiate your treatment with the minimum possible dose and gradually increase or decrease your dosage according to your health condition. To determine the best suitable dosages for you, your doctor should examine you properly. Your doctor will recommend you Meridia dosages keeping the following factors in mind:
- Age and weight of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Other health disorders the patient is suffering from
- How does the patient respond to the first dose of the medicine?
Take Meridia as prescribed by your doctor and take care of all the necessary instructions and directions given on the prescription or medicine label. Please don’t use it more often than recommended and tell your doctor if you do not observe any improvement in your condition. It is best to avoid medical errors and try to be consistent throughout your treatment.
The following are the usual Meridia dosage that your doctor can prescribe you:
Dosage for weight loss
In the form of oral tablets
- For older adults (65 years and above)
Using Meridia for treating patients more than 65 years is not recommended.
- For adults (more than 18 years but less than 65 years of age)
Your doctor will initiate your treatment with 10 mg of the medicine once a day, with or without food. Your doctor can adjust your medicine dose if you experience unusual weight loss while using the treatment; the dose can be further titrated after four weeks to 15 mg once a day.
- For children (below 18 years)
Health authorities have not approved Meridia for treating patients younger than 18 years of age.
Please take care of the expiry dated of the medicine while purchasing it. Store Meridia tablets appropriately at room temperature, away from heat, light, and moisture. Keep Meridia tablets out of the reach of the children; they may misuse them. After completing your treatment, talk to pharmacists or chemists near you regarding the proper disposal of leftover medicine.
What to know before taking Meridia?
You need to consider the following points before using Meridia:
- Using Meridia is safe only when your doctor prescribed you that.
- Long-term use of Meridia can be life-threatening.
- You cannot take Meridia if you have consumed any MAO inhibitors in the last 14 days.
- Please don’t take Meridia if you are allergic to it or its components or similar medicines.
- Your doctor may not allow you to use Meridia if you have the following health disorders:
- High blood pressure
- Eating disorders
- Coronary artery disease such as atherosclerosis or history thereof
- Heart diseases such as congestive heart failure, heart rhythm disorder, or record thereof.
- Heart attack or stroke
- Avoid taking Meridia if you are currently using any stimulant diet pills.
- Health authorities don’t consider Meridia a safe medicine for patients above 65 years and below 18 years.
- To ensure that taking Meridia is safe for you, please tell your doctor if you have or ever had the following health disorder:
- High blood pressure level
- Damaged liver
- Kidney disorder
- Thyroid disorder (underactive)
- Seizures or convulsions
- Blood clotting or bleeding disorder
- Stones in the gallbladder
- Using Meridia during pregnancy may harm your child.
- Lactating mothers should consult their doctor before using Meridia.
- In case of Meridia overdose, please consult your doctor ASAP or seek emergency medical assistance by calling the Poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
- Tell your medical professional about all the medicines or therapies you are currently taking.
- Avoid using herbal products, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements along with Meridia.
- Visit the doctor for regular medical checkups, and always remember that taking Meridia is only a part of the treatment. Follow your doctor’s advice to let medicine work more effectively.
- Please keep observing your blood pressure level while using this medication.
- The most convenient way to get the medicine is to buy Meridia online.
- Talk to your health expert regarding all the necessary precautions that you should take while using Meridia.
- Please consult your doctor to learn more about the risks and benefits associated with Meridia.
What are the benefits of using Meridia?
Meridia is an appetite suppressant; it is an effective medication for weight loss used simultaneously with proper diet and workouts.
What are the side effects of Meridia?
Please observe your body closely. You can experience some of the following side effects symptoms after using Meridia:
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Pain in the stomach
- Pain in the back or joints
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Symptoms of flu such as cough, stuffy or runny nose
- warmth or redness or tingliness under the skin
- Mild skin rashes
You will experience these mild side effects, and they will be okay after a while. But, if you feel these side effects are becoming worse day by day. In that case, please consult your doctor ASAP and seek medical assistance. Stop taking Meridia and tell your doctor if you experience:
- Irregular heartbeats
- High ever
- Overactive reflexes
- Loss of coordination
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dilated pupils
- Stiff muscles
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- High blood pressure level
- Pain or heaviness in the chest
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the one side of the body
- Loss of balance
- Slurred speech
- Problem in vision
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
How does Meridia work?
Meridia helps in weight loss by alerting the working of neurotransmitters in the brain. It blocks the reuptake of the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin to assist weight loss.
What to avoid while using Meridia?
Please don’t consume alcohol while using Meridia. Consult your doctor before using any cough, cold, allergy medication simultaneously with Meridia.
Taking Meridia may impair your thinking and reactions. Be careful while driving or operating machinery. Please don’t involve yourself in activities that require attention and alertness.