What is Vicodin?
Vicodin is a combination drug that contains a mixture of opioid pain medication – Hydrocodone and a non-opioid – Acetaminophen. It helps people with moderate to moderately severe pain find relief.
Hydrocodone is opioid pain medicine, and Acetaminophen is a less potent drug that complements its effects. When working together, these substances change how the body perceives the pain and provide relief from the unpleasant ordeal.
This medicine contains an opioid substance that is easy to abuse and can contribute to the development of opioid addiction. Because of the potential risks, DEA put it under Schedule II of the controlled substances act, which means if you are willing to buy Vicodin online, you will need a doctor’s prescription.
What are the uses of Vicodin?
Doctors recommend this medicine to treat pain ranging from moderate to severe. The Hydrocodone present in this medicine help relieve the pain sensation, and the Acetaminophen can also help reduce a fever.
Vicodin works by changing how your brain responds to the feeling of pain. This medicine blocks the pain signals from traveling between the body and nerves. It tricks the brain into thinking that you are experiencing less pain.
What should you know before using Vicodin?
Whether you buy Vicodin online or get it from a local drugstore, you should know about the activities that might increase your chances of getting the adverse effects. It is good to take the following precautions while using this medicine to avoid undesirable consequences.
- Using it during pregnancy can harm the baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before taking it.
- This medicine contains an opioid substance (Hydrocodone) that might make you addicted if you use it for more than the prescribed period.
- It is necessary to strictly control the doses of older people and children as they are highly susceptible to adverse effects.
- It can also cause complications during surgery. Make the surgeon know about the drug use before undergoing the procedure.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while you are using this medicine, as that can worsen its side effects.
- Other drugs and physical & psychological conditions can also change how this medicine works on your body. Inform the doctor whether you have any medical issues or take any medications before starting the treatment.
What are the side effects of Vicodin?
Vicodin use can result in some unwanted effects. These are typically mild and disappear in a few days without needing any treatment. If you experience the severe adverse effects of this drug, you should immediately seek medical help.
Some side effects of this medicine can be life-threatening if not treated in time. Call 911 or your healthcare provider if you get an extreme feeling of uneasiness after taking this drug.
Common side effects
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
Serious side effects
- Sleep apnea
- Breathing problems
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Extreme fatigue
- Allergic reaction
- Difficulty urinating